This guide will walk you through installing and watching Xfinity on FireStick. These instructions are applicable to all Amazon Fire TV devices, including the FireStick, FireStick Lite, FireStick 4K, FireStick 4K Max, Fire TV Cube, and other Android devices. Before we get into the installation process, let’s take a look at what the app has to offer and why it’s worthwhile.
What Is Xfinity?
Xfinity, also known as Xfinity Stream, is a television streaming app that allows you to watch live broadcast TV channels, cable channels, popular TV shows, movies, and cloud recordings. It is only available to Xfinity TV and Internet customers. Users can access the content provided by their package.
For example, if your Xfinity TV subscription includes sports and video-on-demand (VOD) content, you can stream it through the app. Similarly, if your subscription only provides video-on-demand content, you will be unable to stream live TV and sports content via the app.
Aside from streaming, Xfinity Stream allows you to rent or buy content for your FireStick. You can also download content for offline viewing and streaming, as well as cloud digital video recorder (DVR) recordings.
However, not all content is available for download. To learn which content is available for download, use the filter menu to select Available for download. Furthermore, due to the limited storage capacity of the FireStick, I do not recommend downloading content.
What Do I Need to Use Xfinity on FireStick?
You must meet the following requirements to stream content on the Xfinity Stream app:
You must also:
- You must have an Xfinity ID and password.
- Be enrolled in an Infiniti service, such as Infinity Flex, X1, Non-X1, or Internet.
- To access the full lineup of channels and VOD in your package, you must be connected to in-home Xfinity Internet.
- To stream and download DVR recordings, you must have an X1 or Choice TV with an Xfinity Flex Cloud DVR subscription.
- To stream DVR content, you must have an active internet connection (Wi-Fi or a 3G/4G cellular network).
How to Install Xfinity on FireStick
To install Xfinity on your FireStick, follow these steps:
1. On your FireStick’s home screen, click the Find icon.
2. Click the Search button.
3. In the on-screen search bar, type Xfinity and then select Xfinity Stream from the suggested results.
4. Select the Xfinity app tile from the Apps & Games section.
5. Select Download or Get.
When the download is finished, press Open.
How to Stream on FireStick Anonymously
Your FireStick is ready to stream your favorite content as soon as you install the necessary apps. However, before you begin, please be aware that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and the government. This means that streaming free movies, TV shows, and sports may land you in hot water.
Fortunately, there is a foolproof method for concealing all of your streaming activities from your ISP and the government. All you need is a good Fire Stick VPN. A VPN will conceal your true IP address, which is 126.96.36.199.and will assist you in circumventing online surveillance, ISP throttling, and content geo-restrictions.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN that I personally use and recommend. It works with all streaming apps and is very simple to set up on Fire TV / Stick.
We do not advocate for the violation of intellectual property laws. But what if you unintentionally stream content from an unauthorized source? It is not always easy to distinguish between legitimate and illegal sources.
So, before you start streaming on your FireStick / Fire TV, let’s take a look at how you can use ExpressVPN to keep your streaming activities private from prying eyes.
- Step 1: Sign up for ExpressVPN HERE. It is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. That is, you can use it for free for the first 30-days, and if you are unhappy with the results (which is highly unlikely), you can request a full refund.
- Step 2: Turn on your Fire TV Stick and navigate to Find, followed by Search.
- Step 3: Now, in the search bar, type “Expressvpn” (without the quotes) and select ExpressVPN from the results.
- Step 4: Select Download to begin installing the ExpressVPN app on your Fire TV or Stick.
- Step 5: Launch the app and enter the login credentials you created when you purchased the ExpressVPN subscription. Click the Sign in button.
- Step 6: To connect to a VPN server, click the Power icon. That’s it. With the fastest and best VPN for FireStick, your connection is now secure.
How to Use Xfinity on FireStick
If you plan on using Xfinity frequently, I recommend adding a shortcut to your FireStick’s home screen. Our comprehensive guide to creating home screen shortcuts walks you through the process step by step.
When you launch the app, the first thing you should do is grant it access to your FireStick’s photos, media, and files. Then, click Get Started, which takes you to a page with a URL and an authorization code.
Open a browser on your phone, tablet, or laptop and navigate to https://xfinity.com/authorize. Enter the authorization code and press the Continue button.
The link takes you to a sign-in page after you tap continue. To sign in to your Xfinity account, enter your Xfinity ID and password. You can now use Xfinity Stream to stream content to your FireStick.
The Xfinity FireStick app has a straightforward user interface and well-organized sections. When you sign in to the app, the home screen will display two categories: Featured and Recently Recorded. You can use the remote to browse the available content in both categories and choose your favorite channels or on-demand videos to begin streaming.
The app has a menu on the left in addition to the two categories on the home screen. When you press the menu button on your remote, this menu appears (the button with three horizontal lines). This menu includes the following items:
- Favorite Recordings Scheduled for You
- All Channels on Live TV
- Channels You Like
- Channels on TVGo
If you can’t find what you’re looking for on the home screen or main menu, use the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner to search for it. Click the icon, enter a keyword or phrase, and press the Enter (center) button on your FireStick remote.
The content and user interface are limited to your Xfinity TV subscription. Furthermore, the menu sections change based on your streaming activity.
1. Do I Need Xfinity TV to Watch Content on Xfinity Stream?
No, you do not need an Xfinity TV subscription to watch content on Xfinity Stream. To access content on the app, you must be an Xfinity customer in the internet or TV category. Furthermore, the app tailors your content to your Xfinity package and having an Xfinity TV service subscription grants you access to premium content.
2. How Do I Use the Xfinity Stream App to Watch Live TV?
Open the Xfinity Stream app on your FireStick and sign in with your Xfinity ID and password to watch Live TV. To access the app’s main menu, press the menu button on your FireStick remote.
Click All Listings in the Guide section to see all available TV channels. Finally, choose your preferred channel and press the Watch button to begin streaming live.
3. Is the Xfinity Stream App free to use?
No, the Xfinity Stream is a paid app available only to Xfinity customers. To access content on the app, you must have an Xfinity TV or Internet subscription.
4. What Are the Requirements for Streaming Xfinity Stream Content on FireStick?
To stream content on Xfinity Stream on FireStick, you must meet the following requirements:
Be an Xfinity subscriber.
Have a consistent internet connection (Wi-Fi or a 3G/4G cellular network).
To access your account, you must have an Xfinity ID and password.
How Can I Install Xfinity Stream on My FireStick?
Download Xfinity Stream from the Amazon App Store to get it on your FireStick. To get it, follow these steps:
- On your FireStick’s home screen, tap Find.
- Select Search.
- In the on-screen search bar, type Xfinity Stream.
- On the suggested results, click Xfinity Stream.
- Under Apps & Games, select the app’s file.
- Wait for the app to install after clicking Get.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open.
You May also like:
- How To Pair Xfinity Remote To TV?
- Xfinity Equipment Return: What Equipment Do I Need To Return
- How To Return WOW Equipment (Easy Guide)
Xfinity Stream is a FireStick and another compatible device app that allows you to stream live TV, cable TV, TV shows, movies, and cloud DVR recordings. It is free for Xfinity customers who have TV or Internet service.
Along with hundreds of local news and sports channels, the app offers popular subscription-based and free apps that provide premium and exclusive content.
We hope you found this guide on how to install Xfinity on your FireStick useful. Please share your thoughts on the app in the comments section.