If you’re a Free or Premium Spotify user, you may encounter an unusual situation while listening to music – a track may unexpectedly pause on its own. In this article, we will guide you on how to fix your Spotify music keeps pausing.
And it’s possible that it will continue to happen despite your efforts to fix it.
So, why does Spotify continue to pause? Today, we will discuss possible causes and solutions to this very common issue.
THE MOST COMMON REASONS FOR SPOTIFY’S REPEATED PAUSING
Spotify Music keeps pausing for a variety of reasons. Among them are:
- Network buffering: If you’re connected to an unstable network, Spotify may continue to pause.
- Multiple active devices: If your Spotify account is active on multiple devices, you may experience pausing issues.
- If there are too many apps running in the background, Spotify may stop working.
- There are too many temporary or cache files.
- Battery saving mode has been enabled.
WHY DOES MY SPOTIFY CONTINUE TO PAUSE?
So far, Spotify has not issued an official statement regarding the pausing issue.
The source of this issue, however, could be related to battery issues – some iOS and Android users have observed their devices and created a checklist to follow.
Do you wish to resolve this issue? Continue reading. If you have enabled battery saver mode on your Android or iOS device, this could be the cause of Spotify pausing.
Fix Spotify Music Keeps Pausing Issue
Here you can try one of these solutions to fix Spotify Music Pausing error:
1. DEACTIVATE THE DATA SAVER MODE
The first thing you should do to ensure that your Spotify does not pause songs is to limit your data usage.
Spotify, in particular, has a feature that allows you to activate a data saver mode, which you should avoid using because it can limit your streaming and the quality of what you’re streaming if you’re using data.
- Select the gear icon in the upper right corner of your Spotify settings.
- At the top, select “data saver” – this feature should be turned off.
- When you’re having data problems, it may appear “on” at times, which is one of the reasons Spotify keeps pausing. So just make sure it’s turned off.
Read More: Earbuds vs headphones
2. DISABLE THE LOW POWER MODE IN THE BATTERY SETTINGS.
Another reason Spotify would pause is if your device’s power setting is set to low power mode (on iPhone, this is “low battery mode”).
- Navigate to your home screen and then to “settings.”
- Scroll all the way down to the “battery” section.
- In the battery settings, look for “Low Power Mode.”
- Make sure it’s “Off” (sometimes this will turn on automatically when your phone’s battery is low, so make sure it’s off so it doesn’t stop your streaming).
3. ALLOW BACKGROUND ACTIVITY IN BATTERY CONFIGURATION
- Navigate to your phone’s settings.
- Then, scroll down until you see “apps,” and click on it.
- Once there, look for “Spotify” and tap it.
- Then, under “Battery,” check the box next to “allow background activity.”
If this setting is disabled, your device does not allow Spotify to run in the background, which is causing the problem. As a result, Spotify is randomly pausing your songs.
So, simply clicking “allow background activity” will resolve this issue. As a result, Spotify will no longer pause your songs.
Read More: What Are Music Channels On DirecTV
4. RESET YOUR COMPUTER
If you have a recurring pausing issue, you should turn off your phone, wait about 15 seconds, and then turn it back on.
Whether you have an Android or an iPhone, it is always a good idea to reset your system and try again.
You can, however, restart your Wi-Fi. Check that your Wi-Fi router is operational and try resting it as well.
WHY DOES MY SPOTIFY STOP ON MY COMPUTER?
What if Spotify Music keeps stopping or pausing on your computer for no apparent reason?
We finally found the solution that solved the problem after numerous attempts (restarting the PC, reinstalling the Spotify app, signing in and out of the account).
To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Close the Spotify app on your PC first.
- Open the Run app by typing “run” into the Windows search bar.
- Then type “% appdata% ” into this field and press “OK.”
- Now, in the new window, locate and delete the “Spotify” folder.
- Then, reinstall Spotify on your PC and sign in with your credentials.
- Spotify should now work properly, and the songs should play continuously.
ALTERNATIVE SOLUTIONS FOR SPOTIFY SONGS PAUSING ON PC
If the previously presented solutions do not solve your Spotify pausing problem, there are a number of other options.
- First, restart your computer. To do so, turn off the computer and then back on again. Check to see if Spotify is still paused.
- If the problem persists, close the app entirely in Task Manager. Then restart the app.
- If this does not work, uninstall and then reinstall the Spotify app on your PC. Check the playback by logging in with your access data.
WHY DOES MY SPOTIFY CONTINUE TO PAUSE? SPOTIFY CONNECT COULD BE THE CAUSE.
It can be very annoying when Spotify Music keeps pausing. To begin, determine whether the problem occurs on all devices or just one.
Spotify Connect could be the cause of your Spotify pauses on Android, Windows PC, or iOS devices.
With Spotify Connect, you can listen to your favorite music on multiple devices. However, a single device may occasionally pause for no apparent reason.
Log into your Spotify account and log out of all devices in this case.
Then, one by one, reactivate all devices. After that, check to see if the pausing issue has been resolved. If this is not the case, you can enable background data. To do so, open the device’s settings and navigate to “Apps” > “Spotify” > “Cellular data usage” > “Allow background data usage.”
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO IF THE ABOVE TRICKS DO NOT WORK?
If you’ve tried all of the previous solutions and your Spotify Music still pauses, take a look at the solutions below.
- Reinstall Spotify on your device.
- Update the Spotify app.
- Log out of your account, clear the temp and cache files, and then log back in.
You may also like:
- How To Watch Philo on Samsung TV?
- What Channel Is ESPN Plus On Spectrum?
- How To Fix Spectrum Remote Not Working
You probably don’t want to be interrupted while listening to your favorite songs or albums. Hopefully, one of the solutions listed above eliminated the random pauses on Spotify Music for good.
Thanks for reading this content!