Spotify is the best platform to listen to music on mobile phones and any music device like Alexa or Amazon Echo. If you also use Alexa to listen to music by using the Spotify app, then it is the best combination. In case, if you want to disconnect Spotify from Alexa, then you can follow this guide to know about methods to do it.
When I used Alexa for the first time, I also played some music on it with the help of the Spotify app. The music on the Alexa gives goosebumps than normally listening on mobile phones. But after some time, my Spotify subscription ended.
In that situation, I decided that I will not continue the subscription because there are more apps available that provide music services for free. I needed to disconnect Spotify from Alexa. So I did research and found ways to easily disconnect both Spotify and Alexa.
There may also be another reason for disconnecting Spotify like you have created another Amazon account. If you also want to disconnect from Spotify, then don’t need to worry because you can do it by following the steps that I am going to mention in this guide.
So, In this guide, you will learn how to connect Spotify to Alexa, reset Alexa when connecting to Spotify, Why do you need to disconnect Spotify, and the methods to disconnect Spotify from Alexa.
Without wasting any time, let’s move forward.
How to Connect Spotify to Alexa?
Follow these steps to connect Spotify to Alexa:
1. Download Alexa app on your android or iPhone.
2. Now open the app.
3. Select more option.
4. Go to Settings.
5. Find Alexa Preferences and select Music and Podcasts.
6. Now tap on Link New Service.
7. Select Spotify and then Enable to use.
8. Now select Settings button and Select Link account.
9. Now you will get to a program tab where you should log in to Spotify.
10. Select Agree button to connect your Spotify account with Alexa.
11. Now you can use Alexa to play music from Spotify.
By following the above steps, you can easily connect Spotify to Alexa or Amazon Echo.
How to Reset Alexa when connecting to Spotify?
To reset Alexa, follow these steps:
1. Open Alexa app on your mobile phone.
2. Select More option.
3. Find and Select Settings.
4. Now tap on Music and Podcasts.
5. Now select Spotify and then Enable.
6. Select reset Alexa.
With these steps, you can easily reset your Alexa device when connecting to Spotify for the first time.
How to Interface Spotify to Alexa?
To interface Alexa with Spotify, follow these steps:
1. Open Alexa app.
2. Select Menu option.
3. Select Settings and then Music and Podcasts.
4. Tap Spotify and then link to Alexa.
5. Log in to your Spotify account.
6. Now select Spotify as default.
After performing all these steps, try your Alexa by saying something, “Alexa, play English music”.
Why do you need to Disconnect Spotify from Alexa?
You need to disconnect from Spotify because of the reasons:
1. If you want to keep your child away from listening to adult stuff.
2. When you have Cancelled your Spotify subscription and want to cut it out from Alexa settings.
3. When are you not getting the music of your choice to play on Alexa through Spotify. In this case, you are using other apps or platforms to enjoy the music that’s why you need to disconnect Spotify.
How to disconnect Spotify from Alexa
Now in the main section, you can disconnect your Spotify account from Alexa by using the Alexa app or Spotify website. We discuss both methods here. So, let’s move forward.
Disconnect Spotify using Alexa App
1. Open the app of Alexa on your mobile phone.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Preferences.
4. Tap Music and Podcasts.
5. Here you will see all the music services connected to the Alexa app.
6. Select Spotify from the list.
7. Now, select disable skill option.
8. On the confirmation page, select the Disable option.
Now you have successfully disconnected your Spotify account using Alexa. Let’s know about using the Spotify website
Disconnect Spotify using the Spotify website
To disconnect Spotify, follow these steps:
1. Open a web browser on your desktop.
2. Go to the official Spotify website.
3. Log in to your Spotify account.
4. Select Profile icon.
5. Now Tap on Account.
6. Move down on the screen and select Apps on the left side.
7. Here you will get the list of all apps connected to your Spotify account.
8. Now, select Alexa and then select Remove Access.
Now you can easily disconnect your Spotify account from Alexa using the Spotify website. If you want to connect this again, so we have already mentioned the steps above to connect Spotify to Alexa.
You may also like:
- How to spot a fake Spotify playlist
- Earbuds vs headphones(Pros & Cons Explained)
- How to Change Your Spotify Username or Display Name
- What Is An MP5 Player?
- How To Fix Spotify Music Keeps Pausing?
With the above methods and steps, you can easily disconnect Spotify from Alexa by using the Alexa app or Spotify website.
If you have some problem using Spotify or Alexa or not getting the music of your choice, then you can disconnect Alexa from Spotify.
The other reason for disconnecting may be that you have created a new Amazon account by using a new mobile number, so the new account will not work properly with Alexa.
I hope you enjoyed this post and got valuable information. If you have any suggestions and queries, then mention them in the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is Spotify unable to Interface with My Alexa?
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Restart Amazon Echo
- Turn off unequivocal sifting in Alexa
- Now disconnect and reconnect to Spotify
- Again install the Alexa app on your mobile phone
- Do reset your Amazon Echo
How to match Spotify with Alexa?
- Open the app of Alexa on your mobile phone.
- Tap More option.
- Tap Settings.
- Now, click on Music and Podcasts.
- Now select Connection new Service.
- Click on Spotify and then Enable to use.
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- Enjoy music streaming with Alexa.