Have you had trouble logging out of Amazon Prime on TV? If so, you’ve come to the right place. This article explains how to log out of Amazon Prime on TV and via their official website.
Amazon Prime Video is available on almost any device (smart TV, Android, iPhone/iPad, PC, web browser, gaming consoles such as PlayStation and Xbox).
With such a wide range of devices, new Prime Video subscribers may be perplexed about how to sign out an Amazon Prime Video account everywhere.
Amazon Prime Video allows users to sign in and out whenever they want, but it may not be as simple as logging out of the Amazon app particularly if you have signed in to your account on your TV, Xbox, PlayStation, Android, or iPhone.
This post explains in detail how to log out of Amazon Prime on Tv.
Let’s look at why Amazon Prime may be hesitant to allow users to Sign out on TV. Here are some of the reasons why logging out of Amazon Prime on your television can be difficult.
- When you sign in, your Amazon account is linked to your device. This enables Amazon to provide personalized recommendations and enhances your streaming experience.
- Logging out completely deletes your account information from the device and may result in future sign-in problems.
- A more difficult log-out process discourages casual sign-ins to your Prime account on your device.
- Overall, while having to go through a few extra steps to log out of Amazon Prime may be slightly inconvenient, it is ultimately for your protection.
How to Log Out of Amazon Prime on TV
Signing out of your Amazon Prime account on TV is actually a process of unregistering the device, similar to how you log out of Kindle. Here are the steps: Sign out of Amazon Prime on your TV.
1. Open Amazon Prime Video on your smart TV.
2. Then, within the Prime Video app, navigate to the settings menu. (Use a smart TV remote)
3. Using the TV remote, highlight the “Deregister Your Device” button in the Settings menu.
4. Then, using the remote, press OK.
5. A confirmation popup will appear; make sure to highlight and click the OK button.
6. A log-out success message will appear to confirm that your account has been signed out of your smart TV.
When you log out of Amazon Prime Video, you will be prompted to re-enter your Amazon credentials in order to watch Prime videos on your TV. You can access all of your content normally after logging in.
Read more: How to Log Out of Hulu App on a Smart TV
How to log out of Amazon Prime Video using the website
You can deregister a television by using a browser on Amazon’s website. You must first go to the Amazon website and sign in to your account. Following sign-in:
1. Navigate to your “account” page.
2. After that, select “your devices.”
3. Select the TV device to deregister and click “deregister” to sign out.
4. When the deregister button changes to a “are you sure” notice, you will be asked to confirm the device’s deregistration.
5. After you confirm, your TV will be deregistered from your Amazon Prime account and removed from your device list on the website.
The process of logging out of Prime Video on any device is straightforward, but they refer to it as “Deregister.” That is why many users are perplexed as to how to log out of Amazon Prime on compatible devices.
Read more: How Do I Know If My TV is 4K?
1. How to register your device on Amazon Prime?
To set up a device to watch Amazon Prime videos, follow these steps:
- Begin by creating or logging into your Amazon account.
- Then, navigate to Amazon Prime Video Settings.
- Enter the code that appears on your television screen under “Register new devices.”
- Finally, press the Register button.
When you’re finished, your device will be registered and you’ll be able to watch Prime videos.
2. How do I delete my Amazon account?
Go to Amazon Account Closure. Log in to the account you want to deactivate. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the reason for account closure from a drop-down menu.
Select the checkbox next to Yes, I want to permanently close my Amazon account and delete all of my data, and then click Close my Account.
3. How do I get rid of my Amazon account on other devices?
Sign into your Amazon account on a desktop or mobile browser and navigate to the Manage Your Content & Devices page if you need to sign out of a device you no longer have access to.
Select Deregister from the Devices tab after selecting your device from the list.
4. Can I delete my Amazon account and create a new one using the same email address?
Almost all of your Amazon data and history will be deleted once the account is closed. You will also be unable to access your account again, and it will not be restored.
You can, however, create a new account at any time using the same email address.
5. How much time does it take to delete an Amazon account?
between the hours of 12 and 48
The end result will still be an email with an estimated time for account deletion.
The timeframe is typically between 12 and 48 hours, though some fortunate individuals have had their accounts deleted almost immediately.
You may also like:
All the methods are mentioned in this post, you can just implement your plans according to your choice.
I hope you liked the post, if you have any other recommendations comment below in the comment section.