Meta Inc. launched the Messenger app to provide free messaging services to users. This app can be used to chat with friends or family via text or video call. You can change Password on Messenger if you have security concerns.
This app helps to chat with friends worldwide in any language. Also, you can send media files, stickers, and GIFs to your friends.
You can also change the background of a chat with its exciting customization options.
In case, if you forgot your password and are looking to change your password, then this post will help you with several easy steps.
Changing a password on messenger is a very important step because it holds sensitive information like date of birth, phone number, email address, photos, and lots of other things.
So, In this guide, you will learn why you need to change your messenger password regularly and the ways to change password on messenger. Let’s go through it.
Why Do You Need To Change Password On Messenger Regularly?
Messenger is the most used social media application among all other applications available. It allows you to interact or connect with your friends via text or video call.
If there will be no proper security measures on this application, then anyone can misuse it. As we know, we can share media files with our friends on this platform.
So, this thing needs security to protect the conversation on messenger. Now move forward to the steps to change password on Messenger
How to Change Password on Messenger on iPhone?
You can easily change the password on any iPhone by following these steps.
1. Open Messenger app on your iPhone.
2. Select Profile icon.
3. Go to Account Settings.
4. Now, move to the security section and Select Security and login.
5. Go to login page.
6. Enter your username and password to log in to your Facebook account.
7. After successful login, select the Change Password option.
8. Now enter your current password and enter the new password two times.
9. After entering a password, tap on save changes to change the password.
How to Change Password on Messenger on Android?
These are the steps to change password on any android device.
1. Open Messenger app on your android device.
2. Select your Facebook profile picture.
3. Move down and select Account Settings.
4. Go to the Security section and select Security and login.
5. Move to the login section and select the Change Password option.
6. Now, enter your current password and new password two times.
7. In the end, select Save changes option to change the password.
How to Change Password Messenger on Web Version?
You can’t change password on Messenger web version. So, you need to go to the Facebook website to change your password.
These are the steps to change password on the Facebook website.
1. Open a browser.
2. Go to Facebook.com.
3. Find and select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
4. Select Security and login.
5. Now move to the login section and select Edit option on Change Password option.
6. Enter your current and new password.
7. Select Save changes to change the password.
8. This method will change your password on messenger automatically.
How to Change Password on Messenger Without Login?
Follow these steps to change password on Messenger without login.
1. Open any browser.
2. Open the link www.facebook.com/login/identify
3. You will be redirected to Find your account page.
4. Now enter your email ID or mobile number and select Search.
5. Now choose an option to verify your account on Reset your Password page.
6. Select Continue option.
7. After selecting, you will get a security code on your email ID or mobile number via email or SMS.
8. Now enter that security code and select Continue.
9. Create a new password and select Continue.
10. This method will change password on Messenger.
How to Setup Two-Way Verification on Facebook Messenger?
If you are experiencing intensive security issues on messenger, then changing the password only will not help you.
To protect a weak password, you can add two-factor authentication to your profile.
Two-factor authentication provides double-way security to your account.
These are some steps to integrate two-way verification on your messenger and Facebook account.
1. Open Facebook on your device.
2. Login to your account.
3. Go to Settings.
4. Select Password and Security.
5. Tap on Two-factor authentication.
6. Choose an option for a security method. I will suggest choosing a text message because it is the easiest way.
7. Now enter the received code in the required field.
8. Select Continue to confirm verification.
Do you need to change different password For Facebook and Messenger?
In simple words, you don’t need to change the different password for Facebook and Messenger because they are owned by the same company Meta.
If you change a password on any one of these two, then it will automatically reflect on the other. So, you don’t need to spend time changing password separately.
You may also like:
- How To Remove Or Disable Reels On Facebook App (Easy Guide)
- How To Lock & Unlock Facebook Profile
- How to Remove Like from a Message on Instagram
- How To Block Ads On Instagram (Easy Guide)
- How To Call On Instagram?
These were the methods to change password on Messenger very simply. The above method works for Android, iPhone, and the web version of Messenger.
By changing password on Messenger, you can secure your account from getting hacked or spammed by spammers.
I hope you got valuable information in this post. If you have other queries then mention them in the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I change password on Messenger without Facebook?
No, it is not possible because Messenger and Facebook are interconnected platforms.
If you change your password on Messenger, then it will automatically reflect in your Facebook account.
Is Messenger and Facebook password the same?
Yes, Facebook and Messenger password are the same.
Can I delete messages on Facebook Messenger?
Yes, it is possible to delete messages on Facebook Messenger.
How to recover a Facebook Messenger password?
- Open Facebook on your device
- Select Profile
- Select Account Settings
- Tap on Security and Login
- Select Change Password
- Select on Save changes
What is the meaning of a Restricted account on Messenger?
If you post something inappropriate or violate community standards on your Facebook account, then Facebook will temporarily restrict your account.